In addition to driving industry-leading security intelligence, Akamai threat researchers regularly publish in academic journals and present at conferences and industry association events, sharing mitigation strategies and data focused on the constantly evolving security landscape.
THREAT RESEARCH BLOG
Abusing the Service Workers API
We explore how attackers leverage this API to attack browsers.
THREAT RESEARCH BLOG
HTTP Cache Poisoning Advisory
We look at remedies to a recently published reflected XSS vulnerability.
FEATURED SECURITY VIDEO
Akamai CSO Andy Ellis Discusses Cybersecurity Priorities for 2020
FEATURED SECURITY REPORT
High-value targets generally attract the most sophisticated criminals and attacks.
Our new State of the Internet / Security report looks at financial services and finds a number of emerging trends. We report on spikes in the number of credential stuffing attacks against APIs, shifts in leading web attack vectors, and a DDoS attack against a bank that reached an astounding 160 Gbps. We also explore the ability of Zero Trust to defend against credential stuffing, web application, and DDoS attacks.Download the report
FEATURED THREAT ADVISORY
Fake Cozy Bear Group Making DDoS Extortion Demands: A group calling themselves "Cozy Bear" has been emailing various companies with an extortion letter, demanding payment and threatening targeted DDoS attacks if their demands are not met. We take a deep dive into their methods, suggest countermeasures, and examine a real extortion letter.
Security Intelligence and Threat Research Blogs
- Access and Threat Insights: Thanksgiving
- Exploring Legacy Unix Security Issues
- Update to x86 XMR Crypto Mining Blog Post
- Out of Season IRS Phishing Campaigns
- Phishing Detection Via Analytic Networks
- A Cryptomining SSH Worm
- Drupalgeddon2 Still Used in Attack Campaigns
- New DDoS Vector Observed in the Wild: WSD Attacks
- RPKI is Coming of Age: A Longitudinal Study of RPKI Deployment and Invalid Route Origins Read Publication
- Scanning the Scanners: Sensing the Internet from a Massively Distributed Network Telescope Read Publication
- Characterizing JSON Traffic Patterns on a CDN Read Publication
- A Look at the ECS Behavior of DNS Resolvers Read Publication
- Strategies for Active IPv6 Topology Discovery Read Publication
- Advancing the Art of Internet Edge Outage Detection Read Publication
- Improving Bitrate Adaptation in the DASH Reference Player Read Publication
- 2019 State of the Internet / Security: A Year in Review Read Report
- 2019 State of the Internet / Security: Phishing — Baiting the Hook Read Report
- 2019 State of the Internet / Security: Media Under Assault Read Report
- 2019 State of the Internet / Security: Financial Services Attack Economy Read Report
- 2019 State of the Internet / Security: Web Attacks and Gaming Abuse Read Report
- 2019 State of the Internet / Security: Credential Stuffing - Attacks and Economies Read Report
- 2019 State of the Internet / Security: Retail Attacks and API Traffic Report Read Report
- 2019 State of the Internet / Security: DDoS and Application Attacks Report Read Report
Asaf Nadler 皇冠体育投注 is a principal researcher that leads the enterprise security research and data science teams at Akamai Technologies. He is currently completing a research doctorate at Ben Gurion University of the Negev where his research involves the applications of machine learning to detect cybersecurity threats in large scale computer networks. Asaf has authored multiple academic papers, blogs and patents and he practices public speaking on the use of machine learning and cryptography for improving cybersecurity.
The latest threat advisories, network security white papers, and cloud security news with updates on DDoS attacks, botnets, malware, ransomware, and other cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
- Multiple Vulnerabilities in Magento: We look at how you can determine if you have been targeted and recommended remedial actions to be taken Read Report
- Multiple Magento Vulnerabilities: Learn about a new set of exploits, checks, and recommended fixes Read Report
- Satori Mirai Variant Alert: We look at new Mirai exploits that target multiple vulnerabilities Read Report
- CLDAP Reflection: We analyze the capabilities of and defenses against a new CLDAP method Read Report
- Forrester New Wave™: Bot Management, Q1 2020 Read Report
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls, 2019 Read Report
- Gartner Critical Capabilities for Cloud Web Application Firewalls Services, 2019 Read Report
Cloud Security News
- Protecting Websites from Magecart and Other In-Browser Threats Read Blog Post
- Akamai Prolexic - Mitigating Large Scale DDoS Attacks in 0 seconds Read Blog Post
- Client Side Threats & How Could Website Owners Mitigate Them? Read Blog Post
- Understanding CCPA: It's Time to Action a Plan for Compliance Read Blog Post
- Three Keys to Infusing Security into your Corporate Culture Read Blog Post
- 4 Critical Elements Your Next Security Solution Must Have Read Blog Post
- Do DDoS Attacks Originate from Cloud Service Providers? Read Blog Post
Our unprecedented visibility provides insights into DNS and IP traffic that inform threat visualizations to reveal risk factors and attacks blocked, and provide critical security data.
皇冠体育投注 Daily threat levels by industry and region containing informed Internet security metrics.Learn More
皇冠体育投注 The total of all web application attacks observed in the past 24 hours.Learn More
Akamai Threat Research in the News
Top stories in the security industry trade, with insights from our threat intelligence research experts.
Steve Winterfeld takes readers on a journey of the day in the life of a bot – from the bot’s own point of view!Read on Dark Reading
A look at Akamai’s latest State of the Internet / Security research related to the Financial Services sector and the staggering figures about fraudulent logins.Read on Forbes
CSO Andy Ellis shares how he and his team have worked toward creating and maintaining gender balance in security at Akamai.Read on HR Executive
Akamai research shows that attackers use APIs to automate credential stuffing attacks. And how the financial services sector is under constant attack.Read on CSO
Andy Ellis on how adversaries will seek to leverage the new capabilities of 5G to carry out nefarious activities, particularly as related to IoT devices.Read on Protocol
Meet Us at the Edge
Get the latest security research firsthand - meet our threat intelligence experts face-to-face at industry events throughout the year.
April 18–22, 2020
皇冠体育投注 Las Vegas, NV
Security Careers at Akamai
Passionate about security? Grow with us! Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world’s largest companies. Our intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure.
Kick-start a new chapter in your career that will sharpen your skills and spark your imagination.
An array of useful threat research tools from browser debugging to firmware updates.
- MQTT-PWN A comprehensive solution for IoT broker penetration-testing and security assessment operations. Learn More
- JSShell An interactive multi-user web JS shell. Learn More
- Pipiot Double architecture x86/ARM malicious payload construction. Learn More
- Sonoff-Evil Firmware PoC that demos exploitation by MQTT. Learn More
- Sonoff-Angel Firmware that hardens usage of dangerous MQTT routines. Learn More
Robust compliance assessment programs, personal data processing services, and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) certification.
Learn more about Akamai’s comprehensive compliance assessment programs and how we work with customers to obtain and maintain compliance.Learn More
皇冠体育投注 Read more about Akamai’s personal data processing activities associated with the services it provides to customers.Learn More